Fiscal Sponsorship Program Eligibility
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older and an independent filmmaker or documentarian.
- The project must be a film (documentary or narrative) or media project with the following characteristics, and in keeping with The Redford Center’s mission: high impact and focused on Environmental issues (including environmental justice issues), positive and solutions focused, have an innovative storytelling style, and have the potential to broaden the audience on an issue.
- Applicant must be the content creator who owns the copyright of his/her work and has artistic, budgetary, and editorial control.
- The production budget minimum to be eligible for our program is US$200,000. If you are under this number, please reach out before you apply to see if your project meets requirements.
- Proven Access: The applicant must be able to provided proof/documentation of access to the people, locations, or other specific subject matter of the film.
- The project can be in development, production, post production or in it’s impact campaign stage.
- Student films produced through universities or colleges are not eligible for sponsorship.
- Projects where the applicant is not the owner and direct controller of the content are not eligible.
- Projects that could be considered propaganda in support of a political campaign or candidate are not eligible.
- As a fiscally sponsored project, the applicant is responsible for their own fundraising. Applicants should take some time to think about their development strategy, project identity and whom he/she will contact as potential sources of funding. Applicants will be expected to submit a fundraising plan along with our application.